So you want to work in Japan..?
At Mountain Hut Myoko we believe that having a solid crew is paramount to providing an amazing guest experience. Which is why we put a lot of time and effort into choosing awesom staff who really our the backbone of our little mountain lodge. We always receive great feedback from our guests commenting on how friendly and helpful our team is. When we look for new crew members we look for legends that love people, the snow and mountain life and who love sharing that passion and enthusiasm with others. If that sounds like you, and you’re interested in spending a season in Myoko, Japan then drop us a line.
There are several things to consider that may shape your decision when applying or deciding to work in Japan. Experience in a similar role is preferable but isn’t a necessity. Being a people person with a great work ethic and initiative and an adaptable and positive ethos is all you really need.
Things that are a MUST for any job at the Hut:
- A valid working holiday visa (or equivalent) valid until the end of March if you are not a Japanese national (we can help you if you don’t already have this, just let us know)
- A valid drivers licence as well as an accompanying International Drivers Permit
- A passion for winter and the snow-sports community
- You need to smile often, enjoy life, be able to laugh, learn and enjoy peoples company
- Compassion and commitment to protecting and conserving the natural environment
Things that are a DESIRABLE for any job at the Hut:
- Someone that has worked or visited Japan on a holiday before and is familiar with the area and Japanese culture
- Japanese language skills
- Experience working a ski season before
- Tourism/hospitality experience
- Ski/Snowboard instructor certs and avalanche training certs
- Web/graphic design skills
- Photography/videography skills
- Chef or cooking qualifications
We are looking for legendary all rounders.
We are currently looking for legendary all rounders to join the Hut crew. Someone that loves working and living with others, goes above and beyond to offer an awesome experience to our guest and has a positive, enthusiastic attitude. Daily duties will be varied and will include picking up and dropping off guest, cleaning, cooking breakfast, making beds, snow shovelling (yukikaki ) and making sure guests have the best stay possible.
- Positive attitude and keen to have a crack
- Willing to use the old noggin and show initiative
- Happy to have flexible work hours and not a fixed roster
- Extra bonus points for having ski/snowboard instructors certs
- A keen eye-for-detail and cleanliness that borders on OCD
- A good all round person ie if you have similar traits to Donald Trump no need apply
If you want to work in Japan and think you could be right for the job, fill in the form above, attach your CV and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.